Cask Owners Receive
Direct Ownership Of Cask
Fully Insured Private Warehouse Space
Delivery Order (certificate of ownership)
Dedicated After-Sales Team
39 Years, 10 Months old
- This is the unique number of the cask being offered for sale.
- This is the birthday of the Age of Youngest Spirit (AYS) in this cask, i.e. the date when the cask was originally filled.
- The volume (in Litres) of the total liquid in this cask, as recorded at the most recent regauge. Remember this value will reduce over time due to Angel’s Share.
- This is an estimate of how many 70cl bottles this cask could yield, as recorded at the most recent regauge. Remember this value will reduce over time due to Angel’s Share.
- The Regauged Litres of Alcohol (RLA) is the volume (in Litres) of pure alcohol in this cask. As an example, a cask with Bulk volume of 100L at 40% ABV would have an RLA of 40L.
- This is the Alcohol By Volume (ABV), i.e. the percentage of pure alcohol in the cask, as recorded at the most recent regauge.
- The type of cask used which will determine the original volume of the cask. Typically, max volumes are: Barrel (200L), Hogshead (250L) and Butt (500L).
- This is the date of the most recent regauge for this cask. A regauge is a re-measurement of the cask’s volume and ABV which will both change over time due to Angel’s Share.
About the distillery
Cameron Bridge is a village in the conurbation of Levenmouth in Fife, Scotland. It is near to the village of Windygates and 2 miles west of the town of Leven. A distillery was established in the 19th century by the Haig family, which is now part of Diageo. The distillery produces Scotch whisky.
How Does The Buying Process Work?
Refer to our Cask Buying Process page for full details on how the process works.
At high-level, there are 3 easy steps: 1) cask selection and payment 2) buyer due-diligence and ownership transfer 3) after-sale.
I'm Confused With All This Cask Terminology
Check out our Cask Jargon and Myth Busters page here.
What Are My Options To Re-Sell My Cask In The Future?
We can assist in a number of ways when it comes to exiting your cask purchase, from bottling to re-purchase offer or by re-selling the cask via our auction platform Whisky Hammer. We can also prepare annual re-valuations of your casks to monitor value progress.
Whisky Hammer has exited close to 100 casks for existing clients, for a combined value which exceeds £1.4million – see our historic cask sales here.
Our extensive connections in the whisky trade (and with independent bottlers) help us to strengthen the final value of your cask. The exit/re-sale can be fully flexible to suit your needs – for example you may wish to bottle a certain number of bottles of your cask for family/friends and sell the remainder – our team can assist with any structure that best fits for you.
How Will Storage And Insurance Work?
We will store casks in our dedicated, private warehouse. We offer 2 storage options for customers - 'Standard' and 'VIP', refer to the 'Cask Buying Process' page for more information.
We also fully insure the casks for buyers on their behalf which is charged at an annual premium of 1% (+ VAT) of the cask value.
I Want To Talk To Someone To Discuss The Process
We'd love to talk to you! Our contact details are found here.